Programs Associate – Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance & KEEA Energy Education Fund – Philadelphia, PA
Position Type: Full-time
Reports to: Executive Director
Date: April 21, 2016
Organization Description: The Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance (KEEA) is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(6) corporation dedicated to promoting the energy efficiency and renewable energy industries in Pennsylvania. KEEA advocates on behalf of energy efficiency and renewable energy professionals on the local, state, and federal levels. By representing the interests of the clean energy industry in Pennsylvania, KEEA is expanding the market for energy efficiency and helping the Keystone State secure a prosperous, sustainable tomorrow.
KEEA works along with its 501(c)(3) sister organization, the KEEA Energy Education Fund (KEEF) with the mission to increase the energy efficiency of Pennsylvania’s buildings through advocacy, education, and training.
KEEA & KEEF have an ambitious energy policy agenda to modernize utilities and energy markets in Pennsylvania. We have shown tremendous entrepreneurial growth over the last several years and now seek additional team members to help us take the next steps.
Position Summary: The Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance (KEEA) and KEEA Energy Education Fund are soliciting applications for a full-time Programs Associate.
The Programs Associate is responsible for managing all three major programs:
1. Membership – First and foremost, KEEA is an association of energy business with a stake in Pennsylvania’s advanced energy economy. The Programs Associate drives KEEA’s membership efforts including: retention (membership renewal), acquisition (marketing membership), and coordination of regular membership activities (e.g. webinars, in-person events, monthly newsletters).
2. Annual Conference – For the past five years, KEEA has hosted an annual energy policy conference in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. With over 200 attendees and nationally-recognized speakers, this event is central to communicating KEEA’s leadership in the field. The Programs Associate is responsible for managing all aspects of the planning process, from initial budget drafts to day-of execution.
3. Schools Award Program – For the past four years, KEEF has hosted the Moving to the Head of the Class Award program to recognize Pennsylvania schools that are saving money and energy for their districts. The Programs Associate is responsible for outreach to potential applicants, coordinating the panel of expert judges, and planning the award ceremony at the Capitol in Harrisburg.
On an ongoing basis, s/he is also responsible for:
• Ad hoc event management
• Website content and updates
• Supporting Board development
• Supporting fundraising strategy
• Supporting accounting efforts
• Two to five years’ professional experience preferred
• Propensity for creative problem solving and ability to work well independently
• Highly organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster and grow relationships with partners
• Flexibility to wear multiple hats in an entrepreneurial organization
• Proficient in email marketing, social media, website management
• Demonstrated interest and/or familiarity in energy and public policy preferred
Workplace Policy: KEEA is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion and hires on merit.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience. Generous benefits package includes health insurance, retirement, and vacation.
To Apply: Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Remediation Project Manager – FMC Corporation – Philadelphia, PA
Provide overall project management of selected site FMC remediation sites. The incumbent will lead multi-disciplinary teams, for which he/she will provide management and direction for all phases of remediation projects at assigned sites. Additionally, the incumbent will provide support to business unit’s teams involved in remediation projects at sites where the business groups are leading the remediation effort.
Minimum of 8 years of environmental engineering and project management experience with at least a few years of working with federal or state environmental agencies on remediation issues resulting in a sound understanding of USEPA and state agency policies and procedures, patterns of agency action and non-action, and typical responses.
Develop and oversee strategy for assigned remediation sites.
Manage project site safety standards and training for both FMC personnel and contractors.
Select, manage and deploy multi-disciplinary teams of specialists to direct all phases of site remediation projects. Professional disciplines, which may be required on a team include but are not limited to lawyers, public relations professionals, risk assessors, hydrogeologists, chemists, project engineers, accountants and consultants.
Prepare necessary authorization documents for spending on remediation projects and control spending. Develop cost estimates for reserves. Prepare and develop written Environmental Spending Authorization (ESA’s) documents, cost estimates and budgets. Track spending and prepare forecasts. Issue PO’s and review, approve, and process invoices. Maintain files suitable for cost recovery, Sarbanes Oxley key control compliance, potential litigation and compliance with FMC’s record retention policy.
Retain and manage environmental consultants, laboratories and remedial contractors.
Negotiate with governmental authorities the appropriate scope of work, the best alternatives for site remediation and level of FMC involvement at assigned remediation sites.
Make presentations to various groups of leadership on status, strategies, costs, progress and new issues on assigned site remediation projects.
Monitor the progress of assigned field and laboratory programs, which are being conducted to satisfy company environmental remediation obligations.
Critically review and edit for accuracy, style and content all reports, correspondence, field records, etc. which are prepared to document remediation project work.
Maintain the complete project file on assigned remediation projects.
Identify emerging issues and trends on remediation project work and communicate effectively relevant matters with group leadership
Effectively communicate with management, other department members and outside contractors.
Required Education: BS in Engineering or related field
Complete announcement details are here. If interested, please contact Christina Kaba (215.299.6435 / firstname.lastname@example.org).
Manufacturing Engineer – 3M – Columbia, MO
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Lead safety, quality, cost reduction, and product/process optimization through the use of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methodologies
• Identify, initiate, and lead projects in the plant to improve: process safety, quality, service, cost and productivity
• Work closely with production and maintenance teams to perform troubleshooting activities and resolve equipment downtime issue
• Responsible for updating standard work, operating procedures, and test method documents, where applicable, and training affected personnel
• Perform various technical tasks associated with reel-to-reel plating machines, tooling, measurement and lab equipment
• Provide tactical support for day-to-day manufacturing operations
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
• Previous manufacturing experience (internship and/or co-op experience applies)
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering with electroplating and lab testing experience
• 3+ years experience in process engineering in a manufacturing or industrial setting with demonstrated strength in engineering/technical skills
• Demonstrated hands on problem solving experience with mechanical aptitude.
• Track record of integrity and delivering strong business results
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, analytical, and organizational skills to manage different priorities
• Self-starter/self-directed that leads with high energy and passion and work with minimal supervision or guidance
• Results oriented with strong process executions skills
• Willing to teach others and share knowledge within all levels of the organization
• Training and experience in Lean methodology, statistics, SPC, DOE, and Six Sigma are beneficial
• The ability to perform root cause analysis and apply system thinking and problem solving.
• Experience with troubleshooting complex systems and ability to identify and advance improvement opportunities
• Experience working with manufacturing technology, suppliers and/or customers
• Ability to motivate others by training, guiding, coaching and achieving results through team participation and collaboration
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and remain flexible to changes; responds with a sense of urgency.
• Strong personal computer proficiency
Location: Columbia, MO. Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international. Relocation: Is authorized.
***TO VIEW THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND TO APPLY FOR CONSIDERATION, visit the following link: https://jobs.3m.com/job/Columbia-Manufacturing-Engineer-%28Columbia%2C-MO%29-Job-Mo-65201/330296100/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
South Florida Consulting Opportunity – Geosyntec Consultants – Boca Raton, FL
It’s HOT in South Florida! If you’re looking to find a home for the best years of your career and to collaborate with extraordinarily talented professionals who are recognized throughout the U.S. for their technical prowess, then Geosyntec is the place for you. Founded in South Florida in 1983, we have about 100 engineers and scientists throughout our nine Florida offices and over 60 offices globally. Employee-owned, we’re known for tackling challenging project work and building close relationships with our private and public sector clients.
We’re looking to expand our team by hiring an engineer or earth scientist with a remediation background and a strong project management track record to join our team in Boca Raton, Florida. Experience with due diligence and environmental compliance would be a big plus. Located in Palm Beach County, Boca Raton has a thriving business environment, high quality office developments, and beautiful residential areas. Managed growth has allowed the city to maintain a quality of life that includes a significant amount of open space and parks that add to a sustainable community concept. Boca Raton and South Palm Beach County boast some of the best public and private schools in the nation and feature an eclectic mix of shopping, dining and nightlife destinations, as well as the beautiful beaches that South Florida is known for.
Some of the key responsibilities for this position include:
• Participating in and leading project teams for complex site assessments and remediation efforts, including fieldwork, remedy evaluation, feasibility studies, remedy design, and remedy implementation;
• Providing environmental management services such as due diligence and compliance assessments;
• Preparing environmental compliance documents, including but not limited to SWPPPs, SPCC Plans, DMRs, and HASPs; and
• Applying for environmental permits, such as those required under the CAA, CWA, and RCRA.
Preferred candidates will have an advanced degree in earth science or environmental engineering and five to ten years of relevant work experience, preferably in a consulting environment working on contaminated site remediation and environmental compliance projects.
To learn more and apply, please visit www.geosyntec.com/employment and navigate to job # 40113. Geosyntec is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
City of Phila. Law Dept. – Regulatory Affairs, Environmental Division – Environmental Attorney
The City of Philadelphia Law Dept. seeks a candidate with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, including environmental litigation and counseling. The primary responsibility is enforcement litigation, counseling, and compliance work for the City’s clean air enforcement and compliance agency, the Philadelphia Dept. of Public Health Air Management Services Division (AMS), which has compliance and enforcement responsibilities for substantial portions of the Federal Clean Air Act; the Pa. Air Pollution Control Act; and the Philadelphia Air Management Code and related regulations, as well as the Philadelphia Code sections relating to Asbestos (related federal Asbestos NESHAP), Noise, and Odor Regulations. Most litigation occurs in the Court of Common Pleas, primarily equity court, Municipal Court, and the Board of Licenses and Inspections Review. However, the position potentially has responsibilities including almost all areas of federal and state environmental law, in the representation of other City Departments. This includes Superfund (CERCLA), RCRA, HSCA, NJ Spill Act, Clean Water Act, Clean Streams, Storage Tank Acts, Brownfields, and NEPA among others. Any experience in Energy Law, Sustainability, and/or PA PUC work would be significant attributes for any candidate, but not necessarily required. The City is a completely equal opportunity employer and offers significant benefits associated with such government positions. Salary range from low 50’s to mid-70’s.
Resumes may be sent to:
Patrick K. O’Neill Esq.
Divisional Deputy City Solicitor, Environmental Law
City of Philadelphia Law Dept.
One Parkway Bldg. 16th Floor
1515 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Posted Wednesday, February 3, 2016