Each year since 1997, SWEP Greater Philadelphia has presented the Touchstone Award to women who set a standard for quality and excellence in the environmental field. The Touchstone Awards are an integral part of SWEP Greater Philadelphia’s mission to support and promote the leadership and achievement of women professionals in the environmental field.
The intent of the award is to recognize a woman who has contributed to an environmental field of practice, including government, private industry, and non-profit sectors, and whose contributions reflect the following mission statement of SWEP:
- To encourage and promote the leadership, achievement, and professional development of women in the environmental professions;
- To provide an informal setting for women in the environmental professions to meet, share substantive information and work experiences, and to establish a communications exchange;
- To educate members on new developments and current trends in the environmental field;
- To encourage and promote the development of business relationships; and
- To encourage and promote public service in the environmental field.
Touchstone Award recipients are distinguished by their professional commitment, leadership, and achievement from all areas of environmental practice, including government, private industry, and non-profit sectors. Like the touchstone, these women set a standard for quality and excellence. Their commitment, leadership, and achievements have distinguished them and SWEP is proud to honor them.
Register for the 2016 Touchstone Award Reception HERE.
View the formal invitation: 2016 SWEP Touchstone Award Invite